Wednesday, July 9, 2008

First 4th of July in Germany.......

Our first 4th of July in Germany! Today was a gorgeous day so why not celebrate. We went to Ramstein Airbase where they had a celebration for the 4th. There was lots of stuff going on concerts, face painting, games, food etc........ I love the 4th of July so it was nice to still be able to celebrate while being in another country. Once again thanks to all our troops, and a special thanks to my Soldier Andrew i love ya.......... This is where the firework show took place, right on the runway by the c-130 planes i guess it added to the whole military 4th of July celebration ha ha Andrew and i waiting for the fireworks on the runway , It's a good thing we put this blanket down for us earlier because by the time they started it was PACKED! It was pretty funny everyone that would walk by looked at our blanket and said "Now that's a nice blanket to sit on" If you can't tell it's really puffy and it was nice............ Julia-Joshua-Lisamarie- and me! Julias husband had to do a guard shift all day/night so we told her and her sister to come along with us. I think the guy on the stilts likes Lisa Marie......... Andrew having fun at the dunking machine. What a SHOT he totally dunked the guy way to go babe............

7 comments:

Unknown said...

man, they really know how to live it up there! I bet the 4th was awesome:)

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad that you could have an awesome 4th even so far away! Jake and I went to a concert for the 4th and they asked anyone who was either serving in the armed forces or who had family serving to stand while they played each branch of the military's song. We didn't know which song the army was, but was stood up during one anyway...it was probably the coast guard or something but oh well, we were thinking of you guys! Oh and sending razors is a good idea...I'm thinking wax as well...

Julie said...

That's so cool they throw big parties for you guys!! They should and I bet the 4th is really meaningful there. I totally recognized the Forrest Gump guy. How fun. Come visit again :)Italy is calling you guys and the Mountains here are beautiful now!!!

holmesfamily8 said...

Glad you were able to celebrate the 4th in a fun way! I am so glad you two are still together, instead of Andy being off in Iraq, that would be so hard! LOVE the new background!

Trachel said...

Hey heather this is Rachel i love looking at your blog its always differant and always such cute pictures! we miss ya here! are you visiting anytime soon?

Unknown said...

We have found 2 places that we like and are going out again on friday to look. I think we'll have a good idea by next week what we want to do!

Aaron is loving his job. He was able to see his first client today and is starting to get more. Not too bad.

How have you been? Are you working right now?

GINGERSPICE said...

Love the new Blog Page... So Cute! It was SOOOOO nice talking to you today! I miss your voice and oh how I miss those nights (FOR FOREVER FREAKIN YEARS) that we shared a room and stayed up late talking! Girl, I've shared a room more with you than ANYONE! Crazy :)

LOL... everytime I see a pic of Mr. Bean I think of Thad. I totally thought I saw him in a truck the other day. I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't him! I can't believe I ever had a crush on him. He was so dang funny and fun, but the night at retrix when he had horrible B.O.. Ugh, I wanna drive heave just thinking about it!

I love you girl. Please call more often, I miss you too damn much!