Tuesday, August 19, 2008

BAUMHOLDER FESTIVAL!

This past weekend Baumholder had a big fest, all the festivals here in Germany are tons of fun because they go all out with everything. It was nice too we just walked downtown and didn't have to worry about driving or finding a parking spot, just walked out the back gate off post and right into the PARTY! They had a couple different stages with bands playing and they all sang american music at some point, this band was singin Gloria Estefan now that's old music i remember listening to her music a LONG TIME AGO........... ha ha Andrew and i love going to Festivals here in Germany we went earlier in the day, went home for awhile and decided to walk back down since the party was going on alnight. It was funny when we got home we could hear the bands singing. Andrew with some guys he knows we ran into them downtown it was the guys on the rights Birthday! He is a very patriotic man, he just joined the army at age 45 because all he wanted to do is serve his country so welcome to Germany, it looks like he is already having a good time............ Here is a picture of the those famous german Brawts and the guy making them, it was funny all us Americans had to take a picture so i think he is already use to posing for the pic.......

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Heather- I was really wanting you to come home and visit, but now I'm not so sure!! How the CRAP are you so DARK?!? I'm completely jealous, and now I don't want to be within 50 feet of you. It will only enhance my whiteness!! Love ya!

Dolly said...

I love reading your news about Germany! I bet Cam misses those brauts in Germany. Switzerland is really expensive when it comes to buying meat. Have you tried the Turk's pocket sandwiches? Cam says they have surprise meat :)

holmesfamily8 said...

Seems like one party after another there in Germany! Can I come??

Morrells said...

Okay you have way too much fun! I know I know there is no such thing! That is cool that you could just walk there! How long do you think you'll live in Germany? I am due March 14th. CRAZY I know!

GINGERSPICE said...

Gloria Estefan... How fun! I loved listening to her in Middle School!

Bill would be in HEAVEN with all those Brauts.... He goes through practically a package a day! I may have to have you ship some over to us! He'd probably enjoy those real German one's over sex!! haha...

I'm really starting to love pregnancy... I can't wait for you to experience it! Were you joking in your email?? You're really not..... right?????

Az has been fun, still here... but it is so freakin hot! UGGGHHHH I'm a constant sweat bag!! Gross!! Love Ya and miss ya and can't wait to talk to ya again.

Love ya

Heather Whitehead said...

I'm glad your haing fun in AZ Ginger i can't wait to see pictures, and yes totally kidding ha ha. We will have to send Bill some Brawts for sure or better yet come over for a visit!!