We also decided to head up to Bastogne Belgium where the Battle of the Bulge took place, which was amazing to see. My grandpa was in the war and was injured right on this battlefield which was humbling to see you feel so sorry for all of those soldiers who fell in the war! I have gained a whole new perspective on the war and on soldiers by living in Germany and learning so much about what really went on, the huge bloody battles and the hero's it created. The good people in Bastogne love Americans because we liberated their town and saved it from the German Army.
We also couldn't leave Belgium without trying some of their chocolate which was amazing, we found a cute little chocolate shop while walking around so my parents got some to take home and bought Andrew and i a box. Thanks again you guys are the best! We love yaThere were weak points on American tanks armor back then, and a German tank got behind this one and shot it with a 120 millimeter armor piercing round which basically blew up the engine and killed everyone inside which is really sad. The hole was pretty big as you can see! We had fun here it's a very cute Belgium city they had a fun little shopping square and a little museum with souvenirs of the battle.
My dad also loved seeing all this stuff here in Bastogne, since he was in the army back in the day, I think it meant alot to him to see all this and to be where the battle took place. I'm glad my mom got to see some of where her dad was in Belgium during the war!Andrew and i havin fun seeing an American tank in Bastogne ha haDad and Momhaving fun in Bastogne! Wahoo Utah:)Me Andrew and my dad climed to the top which had an awesome view we had fun walking around, even though it was FREEZING!!I have to say Andrew was a champ for coming with us his poor face was still a little swollen and his tooth was still bothering him, He was glad he came with us he LOVED it here in Bastogne along with the rest of us:)This is the Bastogne World War 2 memorial for the American soldiers. On the walls described in detail about the Battle of the Buldge. This was really fun to see you can see some of the states in this picture but it had every state all around it. It's crazy to think about what these soldiers did for all Americans back then and i'm still sooooo grateful for every soldiers sacrifice, they really are Heros! Bastogne is such a cute little city we all Loved it and it was worth the drive and the cold weather!
YOU GUYS ARE HAVING WAY TOO MUCH FUN AND MUST STOP! I tell ya stop... Love seeing all your neat trip photos. I will have to live through osmosis... I totally wish I could some and see ya.
I agree, you suck ha ha . You have entirely too much fun. :) I bet your parents had a blast. How fun!! You always look so stylish and pretty:)How is the weather there?? Is it getting warmer?
Andrew and i are currently living in Germany and will be here for 2 more years. Andrew is a calvary scout in the U.S. Army. Although it's sometimes different living in another country and far away from family and friends, We are having ALOT of fun traveling around Europe together.
3 comments:
YOU GUYS ARE HAVING WAY TOO MUCH FUN AND MUST STOP! I tell ya stop... Love seeing all your neat trip photos. I will have to live through osmosis... I totally wish I could some and see ya.
I agree, you suck ha ha . You have entirely too much fun. :) I bet your parents had a blast. How fun!! You always look so stylish and pretty:)How is the weather there?? Is it getting warmer?
Loving your tour of Europe! Great pictures.
Post a Comment