I took my parents around Kaiserslautern and i thought for sure the celebration for Marti Gra would be over but when we got to the main part downtown everything was closed but we couldn't figure out why there were so many people around. Well as we walked around we noticed there was a fest going on I think my parent realized now that Germans really love to celbrate!This is part of the main shopping area here in K-town Andrew and i love this place especially in the summer it's fun to walk around the downtown square, they have alot of fun shops, resturaunts and many other things, i felt bad everything was closed but at least there was a fest going on to make up for things being closed. I'm glad my parents got to see this little fest so they got an idea of what all the fest in the summer are like here in Germany, other than the ones in the summer are twice as big!Germany always seems to have soooo many different kinds of candy especially at the fests that's when you see all different booths set up with many different things!Well we had alot of fun and my parents LOVED it my dad if commented that Americans maybe need to relax a little and have more fun like Germans ha ha i think he had alot of fun at the fest........We all got Brauts and it's funny everyone loves the white brauts they are the most popular and even my parents love the white ones better, but for some reason i love the red ones which is ok since i never thought i would even try one at all!!!Later that night when we got back to Baumholder we picked up Andrew at the house, i felt so bad for one he couldn't get any time off but to make it worse with the infection in his tooth he felt horrible all week, his face was swollen he just didn't feel so good and toothaches are sooooo painful i love ya babe:) Anyways Andrew did make it to dinner with us at Etnas pizza and after that went out for some Spaghetti Eis icecream!
I love seeing all these pictures with your parents. How fun!! I saw them at Jake's reception and they said you are coming home for Bo's wedding that is great that you get to come!
Looks like you had a fun time with your parents... Yeah I see how the celebrations keep coming back. That is too funny. Hope you guys have a great day.
Andrew and i are currently living in Germany and will be here for 2 more years. Andrew is a calvary scout in the U.S. Army. Although it's sometimes different living in another country and far away from family and friends, We are having ALOT of fun traveling around Europe together.
4 comments:
Looks like a great time! I saw your mom at your grandma's birthday party and she said she had a great time and it went too fast!
We missed you too! But we'll love seeing you this summer at Bo's wedding! That will be fun:) How long do you think you'll get to stay?
I love seeing all these pictures with your parents. How fun!! I saw them at Jake's reception and they said you are coming home for Bo's wedding that is great that you get to come!
Looks like you had a fun time with your parents... Yeah I see how the celebrations keep coming back. That is too funny. Hope you guys have a great day.
Post a Comment