Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas shopping in Neukerschen

Sabrina and i headed to Neukerchen to start some Christmas shopping, we actually went the day after Thanksgiving. I seem to get a little behind at posting which i'm TRYING to be better so i can make a blog book of our life in Germany! I haven't been to Neukerchen before so we jumped in my car ready to shop, it's only about 1 hour away from Baumholder if even that, so Andrew and i will have to go and check out the city sometime:) We had Tons of fun, but hey it's always fun having a girls day or night right!?
This tree was HUGE and so beautiful as you can tell it went from the bottom of the mall all the way to the top. I love it:) It was really crowded walking by the tree so many people you had to squeeze your way through all those Germans to get a pic ha ha! It was interesting to see all their nativity scenes they all look so different than in the states, so i just had to snap some pictures. All the malls look so pretty at Christmas Germans really know how to decorate and make you feel the holiday spirit:) So we saw these chocolate santa ladies and just had to get our husbands one! I thought Andrew deserved a little surprise since he was home doing homework, he thought it was hilarious. Sabrina is also sending her husband one downrange! Thanks again Sabrina for a fun day in Neukerschen we plan on going back in Jan. that's when they have their BIG sales. I guess it's pretty much the black Friday in Germany and since they don't celebrate Thanksgiving they have their sales after Christmas.

5 comments:

Blogging and Bliss said...

Great pictures Heather. I really enjoyed them. It is totally fun to read all about your little adventures. I feel I know you a little better this way. Hey I need your guy's address. Could you e-mail me andnpolly at gmail dot com! Thanks!

Amy said...

I love all the trees, there is something about malls and Christmas that I love. I also love shopping, sounds fun. Looks like once again you're having a blast over there. You need to come home and visit.:)

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of all the adventure you're expierencing. (I don't think I spelled that right) How was your Thanksgiving? Are you getting excited for Christmas? Life is good here, I had my final last night, so I can relax for a couple weeks until next semester starts. Happy Holidays.

Emily M said...

I LOVE those Christmas trees at the Mall. They are gorgeous! I love this time of year! What a fun girls day- they are the best. I am glad that you got your tree troubles worked out- it looks nice. I also love the picture of you and Andrew!

Amy said...

My husband spent time in Germany during Christmas and said it was his absolute favorite place! From your pictures, I'm truly jealous!

Enjoy your time there!

(By the way... I'm Andrew's cousin Amy Oborn Earle)

Merry Christmas.